Subject: Re: HEAD up: update kernel config files
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Rob Quinn <rquinn@sec.sprint.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/2003 08:28:31
> I just commited some changes to the IDE system that requires you to update
> your kernel config file and rerun config:

 I changed the indicated part of my kernel config, but now when I boot I get an
error about not finding the root device, and a prompt to enter a new location.
Unfortunately the keyboard is frozen at that moment.

 This is an Ultra10 sparc64 with -current from a few minutes ago.  By hand, the
last few boot messages are:

wd0 at atabus0 drive 0: <ST39111A>
wd0: drive supports.....
wd0: 8693 MB.....
wd0: drive supports PIO mode.....
wd0(cmdide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, DMS mode 2....
atapibus0 at atabus1: 2 targets
cd0 at .....
cd0(cmdide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4....
can't determine root device
root device (default cmdide0):

 That's my own config, but a sparc64/GENERIC kernel gives the same thing.

 My i386-current laptop seems to be working fine.