Subject: Re: recent 1-6 branch libc and mozilla (etc.)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Toru TAKAMIZU <ttaka@earth.email.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/2003 18:36:28
Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 02:22:46PM -0400
Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Wednesday, October 8, 2003 at 17:53:20 (+0900), Toru TAKAMIZU wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: recent 1-6 branch libc and mozilla (etc.)
> >
> > The cause seems to be that my nameserver does not return authority and
> > additional sections. If I change my nameserver to a decent one,
> > mozilla works fine even with rev 1.42.2.10 (lib/libc/net/gethnamaddr.c).
>
> Hmmm...  very interesting!  Which nameserver was causing the problem?

djbdns, specifically dnscache in this case.

From http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/dnscache.html

	dnscache's responses are generally much smaller than BIND's
	of the source name servers and SOA records for negative answers)
	or additional records (A records relevant to NS or MX records).
	When the answer section is truncated by UDP length limits, it
	is eliminated entirely.