Subject: tftp: servname not supported for ai_socktype
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2003 16:35:11
	If I do tftp servername I can get connected, but if i just start
tftp and try to connect servername, no matter what I type, I get
tftp: servname not supported for ai_socktype

	I am also having trouble getting anything to transfer with Linux
RH atftp and http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/tftp/ tftp.

	I have tried various options on both ends, including disabling
path pmtu discovery. I'm trying to figure out why many of our NICs aren't
able to tftp their boot files, but this is probably a separate issue.
Session transcript is

tftp> sta
Connected to XXX.
Mode: netascii Verbose: on Tracing: on
Rexmt-interval: 5 seconds, Max-timeout: 25 seconds
tftp> get pxe.msg
getting from XXX:pxe.msg to pxe.msg [netascii]
sent RRQ <file=pxe.msg, mode=netascii, timeout=5>
received OACK <timeout=5>
sent ACK <block=0>
received DATA <block=1, 239 bytes>
sent ACK <block=1>
sent ACK <block=1>
sent ACK <block=1>
sent ACK <block=1>
sent ACK <block=1>
Transfer timed out.

tftp>

	At which point the data seems to have been received in this case,
but the ACKs aren't getting to the right server port or something bizzare
is going on. Anyway, is anyone else seeing the ai_socktype error?

	Chris

 --

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.