Subject: Re: checkflist/mkflist again
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/2003 23:57:30
On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 09:07:42PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> Hey, all,
>
> Are there any plans in the works such that "make release" with
> things like MKKERBEROS=no in /etc/mk.conf will actually work?

I think than answer is "No." I thought that flist was already created
as in (2), below?

> 2. flist should really consist of several sub-flists which are
>    concatenated after "make build" is done, consistent with any
>    conditionals in /etc/mk.conf.  Similarly, any checkflist done against
>    the base flist will fail; any checkflist done agains any of the
>    sub-flists (conditional) will only issue a warning but not fail the
>    build.

I don't think that it should be too hard to modify the scripts in
src/distrib/sets/ (or something) to do what you describe. It's pretty
easy to "source" the mk.conf to find out the values for MKKERBEROS and
such using, e.g.,

make -f - vars <<EOF
vars:
	@echo MKKERBEROS=$MKKERBEROS
EOF

IIRC, there are already examples of this in src/distrib/sets/.

Then it is a simple matter to split out the Kerberos files into their
own lists (krb.mi ??) and then to concatenate the right lists under control
of the *KERBEROS vars by modifying the routines I put into sets.subr.

While you're at it---yeah, I'm volunteering you =) ---you should apply,
test, and debug the patches in PR 22514 by Alan Barrett.

Dave