Subject: Re: BSD Authentication
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2003 04:12:13
On Jan 27, 12:25pm, Peter Seebach wrote:
} In message <20030906221953.D20BEA630@zen.crufty.net>, Simon J. Gerraty writes:
}
} >Another option was do BSD Auth via PAM - also shot down by the
} >"I only want BSD Auth" gallery.
}
} No, it got shot down by the lack of API compatibility; if I can't compile
} a program which uses BSD Auth, then I don't have BSD Auth.

     I see your point here.  However, I'm wondering if it is even
possible to create a libbsdauth.so.  Just for my education, could you
describe the process of authenticating using BSD Auth.  In particular,
I'm wondering how passwords are gathered and how they might be passed
along if multiple modules are specified.

     BTW, can you specify how the output of a module is to be
interpreted?  I.e. if module A give its blessing then that is
sufficient; otherwise, modules X, Y, and Z all have to give their
blessing.

}-- End of excerpt from Peter Seebach