Subject: Re: Starting X hangs system
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/23/2003 07:46:10
Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl (Peter Bex) writes:

>I just cvs upped the latest current, and built it. When I rebooted the comp=
>uter
>all was fine until I tried a 'startx'. The screen mode got changed, but aft=
>er
>that nothing - the screen stayed black. The system didn't react to any
>keypresses at all, and since the display got switched into a graphical mode
>there were no kernel messages to inspect.

Are you sure that the kernel didn't panic instead ?

The last update to wscons/wsmux.c causes that because of an
uninitialized variable:

        case FIOSETOWN:
                DPRINTF(("%s: FIOSETOWN\n", sc->sc_base.me_dv.dv_xname));
                if (sc->sc_base.me_evp == NULL)
                        return (EINVAL);
                if (-*(int *)data != evar->io->p_pgid
                    && *(int *)data != evar->io->p_pid)