Subject: wish: test before commit (was: -current won't build)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/2003 00:25:43
I wish that folks would test and run before committing.  This isn't the
first time....  That simple typo would have been caught with the very

OTOH, I saw it at 18:10 EDT, and didn't report it here, assuming that
I'd merely been caught in a CVS time warp, and the fix would show up
later.  Especially since the next 2 'cvs up' tries gave a too many
users try again message.

Is there an enforced "quiet time" where no new commits are done, so the
CVS, sup, et alia have a chance to sync?
--
William Allen Simpson