Subject: RE: How to install bootstrap for RAID 1 on i386-current?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Hertz <thomas@hz.se>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/2003 21:28:44
> > I also take it that you really do have ffs V2 filesystems?  :-)
>
> I assume so -- they're freshly newfs'ed under NetBSD 1.6ZA.
> That should make them V2, right?

Actually, I believe that ffsv1 is the file to be used. This is the
default created by newfs.

From newfs(8):
<SNIP>
 -O filesystem-format
		Select the filesystem-format
                       0    4.3BSD; This option is primarily used to
build
                            root file systems that can be understood by
older
                            boot ROMs.
                       1    FFS; normal fast-filesystem (default).
                       2    UFS2; enhanced fast-filesystem (suited for
more
                            than 1 Terabyte capacity, access control
lists).
</SNIP>

//Thomas Hertz