Subject: Re: today's openssh version 3.7
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/17/2003 09:24:40
Daniel Carosone wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 01:44:22AM -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
> > did you seriously expect that installing something from pkgsrc would
> > overwrite something from your base system?

Why yes, since sshd is part of the base install, of course!

Surely the package maintainers *know* that ssh belongs in the base....

Surely the package and the /usr/src correspond with great exactness.

(OK, OK, that last is sarcasm, it bothers me that things have to be
maintained in 2 places, by hand!  As I posted earlier, I'd no idea that
OpenSSH was still a package, since it is part of the base.  Maybe ssh
could be the poster child for moving toward a package system for most
of the OS utilities?)

> > simply rm those binaries and use the ones from /usr/pkg.  or...clean
> > out the build you did of openssh from pkgsrc and rebuild it with
> > LOCALBASE set to /usr.
>
> Or (vastly preferred) set UPDATE_INTREE_OPENSSH

I'll try it.  Where in the documentation was I supposed to find that?

Does it go on the make or the make install?
--
William Allen Simpson