Subject: Re: Problem Report: kern/22120
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Lars Heidieker <lars@cubeportal.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/2003 10:01:42
Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> Lars Heidieker wrote:
>
>>should have the FXPF_HAS_RESUME_BUG removed as this breaks at least the
>>case PCI_PRODUCT_INTEL_PRO_100_VM_6 interface if it is a 82562EZ
>>if there is any chip that needs the pacth this case should be broken
>>into two.
>

> Does the chip work with both things (sc_rev = 1 and FXPF_HAS_RESUME_BUG)
> removed, or is the sc_rev = 1 part still needed for VM_6 ?
>
> Jaromir

Actually as tried it out i only removed the section where the patch is
applied from sys/dev/ic/i82557.c and the chip worked without a problem.
That section is triggered by the FXPF_HAS_RESUME_BUG flag.
I haven't tested the sc_rev flag but I think it should not be needed to
be set to 1 any longer as the chip is a lot newer and should therefor
support the hardware flow control.

Lars