Subject: READ ME: major umass (and general USB/SCSI) tillage
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/2003 07:22:53
Over the last week, I have fixed a ridiculously large number of issues
that affected the umass driver -- including problems in the SCSI
layer, the general USB layer, the ohci driver, and the umass driver
itself.

The result of all of this is that, as of tonight, *most* USB mass
storage devices should "just work" -- requiring no quirks or other
weird crap.  If you find a device that does not work, please build a
kernel with "options USB_DEBUG" and "options MSGBUFSIZE=65536", set
"umassdebug" to 0xffffffff just before doing whichever operation fails
(usually attaching the device in the first place), and email me the
output.  Alternatively, send me the device to look at directly.

There are a couple of devices known to not work, including the Sony
Vaio memory stick controller (I'm working on this) and some USB->SCSI
adapters.

As collateral damage, some things now work on ohci controllers that
previously only worked on uhci, including ulpt in general.

Shar and enjoy.

--
- Charles M. Hannum
  By Noon Software, Inc.