Subject: MKMANZ or MANZ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Adam <adam@albedo.art.pl>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/2003 13:12:19
Hi,

I'm confused now.  The 'src' tree now uses MKMANZ to 'gzip'
man pages, while 'pkgsrc' still uses MANZ.  In the end,
I must have both in my /etc/mk.conf.

Moreover, some packages do not handle compressed man-pages
correctly.  For example archivers/zip and devel/ncurses.
If one of these is installed, and you try 'pkg_admin rebuild',
you'll have
"pkg_admin: zip-2.3nb2: File '/usr/pkg/man/man1/zipcloak.1.gz
  is in +CONTENTS but not on filesystem!"
Simply, 'zipcloak.1.gz' is a symbolic link to "`zip.1'.gz".

Quick fix much appreciated. :)

	kind regards

		- Adam

P.S.: I wanted to say something about compressing man-pages
for 'xsrc' and stripping X11R6/bin, but I decided to shut-up
for the time being. ;)