Subject: Re: login.conf [was Re: BSD Authentication] - sorry wrong list
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/2003 17:59:17
On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 06:45:29AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> > > I tried to use login.conf as described in its man page on NetBSD, but
> > > it didn't have any effect. Somewhere in this thread it was mentioned
> > > that BSD auth is the underlying support for login.conf. If so, what
> > > exactly is login.conf doing in NetBSD now since it seems
> > > non-functional? If it does work, how do I enable it?
>
> 	currently non-functional, i would say.

How is it non-functional? I use it the way login.conf(5) specifies and
settings I put in login.conf all take effect once I cap_mkdb
/etc/login.conf. For example:

default|default class:\
        :minpasswordlen=8:

That definetly affects the behavior of passwd(1), so how exactly did you
arrive at the conclusion that it is non-functional?

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!