Subject: Re: Truncated output from ptys at slave exit
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2003 11:58:06
enami tsugutomo <enami@sm.sony.co.jp> writes:

> # or revisit as commented before we have tons of hack.

yeah, this is one of my least favorite parts of the stuff I did. What
the multi-lwp processes need is for lwps other than the one calling
exit() to get EINTR in any interruptable tsleep() calls they make so
that they can be terminated (other LWPs in select() or wait() are
particularly troublesome). That situation only needs to hold while
there is more than one LWP, a fact your patch makes use of. I'm open
to suggestions for a less-hackish way to make that happen (track the
id of the LWP that's in exit()? set a flag on the other ones? dunno).

The patch seems fine for what it does and the ugliness of the
situation, though.

        - Nathan