Subject: Re: Adaptec SlimSCSI 1480B (cardbus)
To: John R. Shannon <john@johnrshannon.com>
From: Holger Rasch <Holger.Rasch@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2003 14:14:57
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, John R. Shannon wrote:

> Is anyone successfully using Adaptec's cardbus SCSI adapter 1480B?
>
> My Sony GRZ610 laptop locks up completely when it's inserted. Power must be
> completely removed before it will even respond to the power button.

Judgeing from the dmesg output in your other message, you might have
ACPI problems and the bus numbers for cardbus do not look right.
Have you tried a kernel without ACPI support, using

options        PCIBIOS                 # PCI BIOS support
options        PCIBIOSVERBOSE          # PCI BIOS verbose info

instead? Then perhaps some of

options        PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
options        PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
options        PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing

might help.

Holger