Subject: Recent signal/trampoline breakage re SA_SIGINFO
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 09/07/2003 21:58:38
I've just built and installed an i386 kernel from a CVS refresh,
with no other userland changes.  It appears that signal handling
has broken in some way, and that every process that sends
a signal dies with SIGILL, owing to changes in
sys/arch/i386/i386/machdep.c.  I get the following message on
the console at the same time:

 	default:
 		/* Don't know what trampoline version; kill it. */
+		printf("osendsig: bad version %d\n",
+		    ps->sa_sigdesc[sig].sd_vers);
 		sigexit(l, SIGILL);
 	}

This means that running any command in bash kills bash, /bin/sh
doesn't last much longer, and nothing is really compilable.

Is this a known issue?  Or should I install libc, for example,
before booting into the new kernel (this scares me a bit).

Neil.