Subject: Re: pango port won't install
To: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
From: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2003 19:35:14
Hello,

At Thu, 04 Sep 2003 14:32:28 -0700,
walt wrote:
> Yes, 1.99 fixes pango for me also.  I don't understandy why
> 1.100 doesn't work, do you?  There is just one error statement
> removed, which warns of a missing symbols.
It seems to be crashes in glib2. glib2 uses return value of
dlerror() as error status. If dlerror() returns NULL, it is
assumed that there is no error even if dlsym() returned NULL.
Therefore undefined symbol is treated as defined symbol.

However, dlerror() must return the most recent error. If symbol
is undefined, dlsym() must set error before it returns NULL,
isn't it? Is revision 1.100 of src/libexec/ld.elf_so/rtld.c
broken?

best regards

--
 Kouichirou Hiratsuka