Subject: Re: New command...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/2003 18:24:32
Thus spake Peter Seebach ("PS> ") sometime Today...

PS> From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
PS> To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
PS> Subject: Re: New command...
PS> Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:21:45 -0500
PS> In message <Pine.NEB.4.53.0309041805520.19144@rivendell.starwolf.com>, Greywolf
PS>  writes:
PS> >Uses:  mkfile is good for creating blank files for use with vnconfig
PS> >and as NFS swap spaces, at least.  I'm sure that creative minds can come
PS> >up with others.
PS>
PS> Sounds useful.  Maybe it should be folded into mknod, though, since that's
PS> the "I want to create a new file" program?  :)

Not really, unless you want to add the size calculation gunk.

I should restate:

mkfile is good for creating blank files -=of a user-specified size=- for
use with vnconfig and as NFS swap spaces...

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD:  exercised any daemons lately?