Subject: Re: pango port won't install
To: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/2003 14:32:28
Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:21:59 +0000 (UTC),
> Matthias Scheler wrote:
>
>>And I can still reproduce it with today's NetBSD 1.6Y on i386.
>
> I have the same problem with yesterday's -current (i386).
> This problem does not seem to happen with revision 1.99 of
> src/libexec/ld.elf_so/rtld.c.

Yes, 1.99 fixes pango for me also.  I don't understandy why
1.100 doesn't work, do you?  There is just one error statement
removed, which warns of a missing symbols.

If there are no missing symbols then everything should work
properly.  If there IS a missing symbol then 1.99 should refuse
to run the program and stop with a warning, is this correct?