Subject: Re: acorn32 disk on i386
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/2003 11:19:53
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Patrick Welche wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 02:19:19PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Patrick Welche wrote:
> >
> > > Somewhat of a cross port question.. I just plugged an adfs disk from an
> > > Acorn RiscPC into a 1.6R/i386 computer:
> > >
> > > # mount -t filecore /dev/wd1d /mnt
> > > # ls /mnt
> > >                      !Music F      f      ionsF  n      nsF
>
> Now:
>
> # ls /mnt
> !Music     Diversions Languages  Modules    Text       bin
> Comms      LD         Library    TeX        Utilities  bin2
>
> > 	As a quick test you could sprinkle __attribute__((__packed__))
> > 	after all the struct definitions in sys/fs/filecorefs/*.h
>
> It worked :)

	Excellent! as Jaromir noted, please post the patches. Last I heard
	there were som problems reading/writing in filecorefs (data would
	be repeated on 4K boundaries or some similar lossage). I don't
	know if there is a PR open, and don't have an acorn machine
	running to check...

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --