Subject: Re: BSD Authentication
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2003 22:03:13
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com>
>> One of the key behaviors of PAM is that it happens in the application's
>> context.

>But that feature is not really necessary -- it's only used that way
>now to implement some very poorly designed hacks.

You keep saying rubbish like that, as though we all have endless time
and energy to go re-invent wheels.  Sure, its all a simple matter of
programming, so what?  Unless you are volunteering to go re-design
RADIUS, AFS and a bunch of other stuff that folk other than
you think are important, the above statement is pointless.
Please try and deal with reality - all that old cruft that you like
to dismiss as broken, and in need of re-design isn't going away
any time soon.

Thanks
--sjg