Subject: Ehci driver fails (PCI bus read problem ?)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 08/25/2003 11:22:26
Hello,

since I have flashed a new Bios revision in my Compaq presario laptop, I
have recovered the console display at start (seems it was a font loading
bug), but I lost the ehci controler (which was working correctly on the
same kernel before).

Here is what I get now :

ehci0 at pci2 dev 14 function 2: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x02)
ehci0: offs=255
ehci0: interrupting at irq 10
ehci_pci_attach: companion ohci0
ehci_pci_attach: companion ohci1
ehci_init: start
ehci0: EHCI version ff.ff
ehci_init: sparams=0xffffffff
ehci0: wrong number of companions (15 != 2)
ehci0: init failed, error=13

It seems that the code can't just read the registers, or that the
PCIBIOS code fails to identify the correct address space for the chip.
I tried a lot of PCIBIOS options, to no avail.
Any clue to what to do to dig further ?

Thanks,
Vincent