Subject: Problems with rtk driver?
To: NetBSD -CURRENT Users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/17/2003 12:51:28
--5PFZVUeDPxlnBcQp

I use Realtek 8139 boards on both of my NetBSD boxen (one running
1.6W, the other 1.5), and I'm having trouble with both of them.  On
both I can't get the card in full-duplex mode: ifconfig claims that
it's running full-duplex, but the switch and the performance show that
it's running in half-duplex mode.  On 1.6-W, it also comes up in 10
Mb/s mode, though claiming to be 100 Mbs/, and I have to unplug and
replug the connector to get it to work at all.  Setting media type
doesn't change anything.

This occurs with multiple boards, all of which work under FreeBSD, so
I don't think it's the hardware.

Any ideas?
Greg

--5PFZVUeDPxlnBcQp