Subject: Re: How to debug pthreads as end-user ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/2003 10:51:33
On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 08:55:34PM +0200, Martin Weber wrote:
> (...)
> xmms crashes on startup some times, and reliably won't play more than about
> 40 minutes before it hangs itself.

That is, an easy way to crash a threaded program obviously is to have it wait
on something, while other parts of the program continue. Works great on xmms:
it runs stable if you use it playing mp3s on a harddisk. But once you decide
you want to listen to the mp3s on your CD, too, dunno, sometime mp3 will have
to wait longer on data than it expects or what do I know and bang.. Now I can't
imagine xmms being THAT bad, so our SA should have at least some influence on
this fatal behaviour ?

The question I asked on my first mail still is valid btw ;) Or I can just
continue my babbling about observations of error conditions until someone
tells me what they want to hear :>

(btw, this is 1.6W (FAETON) #0: Sat Aug  9 16:23:59 CEST 2003)

-martin