Subject: Re: libiconv not working
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/2003 09:08:23
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> In message <bh2euq$svr$1@colwyn.zhadum.de>, Matthias Scheler writes:
> >In article <20030809075553.DF4FF7C92@berkshire.research.att.com>,
> >	Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com> writes:
> >> I'm having trouble trying to build a number of different packages that
> >> depend on libiconv.
> >
> >There are two ways to fix this:
> >1.) Delete the "libiconv" package and rebuild all package depending on it
> >    because NetBSD-current doesn't need "libiconv" any more.
> >2.) Set "USE_GNU_ICONV" to "YES" in your environment, use "make clean" and
> >    retry to build the package.
>
> Any ideas on how to accomplish the first one?  libiconv isn't
> installed; it was properly deleted with the aid of pkgdepgraph.  There
> are no files in /usr/pkg/lib or /usr/X11R6/lib that contain the string
> 'iconv'.
>
> I could use option 2, but I'd really prefer to get this cleaned up now.

Any idea if 1) even works? I just deleted converters/libiconv and then
tried to make abiword and I get:

checking iconv.h usability... yes
checking iconv.h presence... yes
checking for iconv.h... yes
configure: error: (usable) libiconv not found
*** Error code 1

Just like I used to before I installed converters/libiconv.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com