Subject: Re: Couple of USB queries
To: None <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/2003 11:48:11
Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> >Seems like the ohci @ cardbus attachement does not look at the vendor/device
> >identification at all - so maybe it will just work?
> >
> No, it doesn't.  You need some ugly hack to make it work.  The problem
> is that
> the cardbus code can't talk to the card at all.  It sees some other
> device.  This
> is a serious error condition, and should be detected by the cardbus code
> (since
> it might wreak havoc), but it isn't.

Actually, the ohci@cardbus attachment looks at the device type
rather then vendor, so it should work fine. It does:

        if (CARDBUS_CLASS(ca->ca_class) == CARDBUS_CLASS_SERIALBUS &&
            CARDBUS_SUBCLASS(ca->ca_class) == CARDBUS_SUBCLASS_SERIALBUS_USB &&
            CARDBUS_INTERFACE(ca->ca_class) == CARDBUS_INTERFACE_OHCI)
		return (1);

So this is not the problem.

Jaromir