Subject: Looking for a friendly ACPI kernel programmer...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/04/2003 23:46:01
I have an ASUS P4B-LX motherboard and I am willing to spend some time
testing code. The relevant lines from my kernel boot-messages:
(complete output attached)

ioapic0 at mainbus0 apid 2 (I/O APIC)
ioapic0: pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
acpi0 at mainbus0
acpi0: using Intel ACPI CA subsystem version 20030228
acpi0: X/RSDT: OemId <ASUS  ,P4B_LX  ,42302e31>, AslId <MSFT,31313031>
acpi0: SCI interrupting at int 9
acpi0: fixed-feature power button present
ACPI Object Type 'Processor' (0x0c) at acpi0 not configured
acpibut0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0C): ACPI Power Button
PNP0C01 [System Board] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0A03 [PCI Bus] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C02 [Plug and Play motherboard register resources] at acpi0 not
configured
PNP0C02 [Plug and Play motherboard register resources] at acpi0 not
configured
PNP0C02 [Plug and Play motherboard register resources] at acpi0 not
configured
PNP0000 [AT Interrupt Controller] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0200 [AT DMA Controller] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0100 [AT Timer] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0B00 [AT Real-Time Clock] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0800 [AT-style speaker sound] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0700 [PC standard floppy disk controller] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C02 [Plug and Play motherboard register resources] at acpi0 not

I guess someday everything will be parented by acpi*, huh?

--
Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>