Subject: Re: Corecting a build error
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+current-users@bjan.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2003 05:43:44
On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 11:57:13AM -0700, walt wrote:
> I think you picked just the wrong moment to upgrade.  There was just a
> version change from 1.6U to 1.6W which confused (newbie) me for a bit.

I think (and I haven't been doing this too long myself, so I may be
wrong) that you are right in saying that the problem is related to
when you upgrade, but I'm not convinced about the tooldir stuff.

Basically, "flist" is rather like a bill of loading, that makes sure
everything about a netbsd build is as it should be; checkflist is
a makefile target that enforces the flist by halting the build.

As -current tends to roll forward like a freight train, the flist often
gets left outdated. The suggestion I made in another reply on this thread
(to comment out the check) was actually something I read in a previous
discussion of flist on -current.

If you want to find out more, go to the "Mailing Lists" page on NetBSD.org,
and search for checkflist.

--
Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+JUNK@bjan.net>