Subject: Re: cgd on -current fails to boot (blowfish this time)
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/30/2003 18:42:06
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 03:34:09PM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> I just booted a kernel build 5 mins ago, from sources not much
> older.  All seems fine; however, I'm using blowfish rather than
> rijndael cipher.

This morning I booted a kernel I built last night. All was good.

This afternoon, I rebooted with a new userland built during the
day (from the same sources).  cgdconfig(8) fails to create the
right key.

I tried a cgdconfig built on another machine 3 days ago, it also
fails (that machine doesn't use cgd).

Going back to an older binary, and all is good again.

I noticed a commit the other day from itojun regarding key length
arguments in bits vs bytes. This sounds hauntingly familiar, Roland..

--
Dan.