Subject: acpi(4) doesn't find all ISA legacy devices
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/2003 16:47:13
	Hello,

for a few month I've used the following kernel attachments with for the
ISA legacy devices:

com*            at acpi?                # Serial communications interface
fdc*            at acpi?                # Floppy disk controller
lpt*            at acpi?                # Parallel port
npx*            at acpi?                # Math coprocessor
pckbc*          at acpi?                # PC keyboard controller

It worked fine with ASUS CUBX and P4B266. However with my new
Intel B865PERLK motherboard only a some of the device are found:

acpi0 at mainbus0
acpi0: using Intel ACPI CA subsystem version 20030228
acpi0: X/RSDT: OemId <INTEL ,D865PERL,20030715>, AslId <MSFT,00000097>
acpi0: SCI interrupting at int 9
acpi0: fixed-feature power button present
ACPI Object Type 'Processor' (0x0c) at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Processor' (0x0c) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0A03 [PCI Bus] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0000 [AT Interrupt Controller] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0200 [AT DMA Controller] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0100 [AT Timer] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0B00 [AT Real-Time Clock] at acpi0 not configured
pckbc0 at acpi0 (PNP0303): kbd port
pckbc0: io 0x60,0x64 irq 1
pckbc1 at acpi0 (PNP0F03): aux port
pckbc1: irq 12
PNP0800 [AT-style speaker sound] at acpi0 not configured
npx0 at acpi0 (PNP0C04)
npx0: io 0xf0-0xff irq 13
npx0: using exception 16
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C02 [Plug and Play motherboard register resources] at acpi0 not configured
INT0800 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C02 [Plug and Play motherboard register resources] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C01 [System Board] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
acpibut0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0E-29): ACPI Sleep Button
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0

Therefore I had to reeanble the ISA attachments for com(4), fd(4) and lpt(4).
Is this a feature of my motherboard or a problem with NetBSD's ACPI support?
From the kernel message output above it looks like there are no ACPI objects
for these devices at all. Is that correct?

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/