Subject: Re: -current failed to compile
To: Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/2003 09:39:41
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Kurt Schreiner wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 03:54:15PM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > The whole point of the way build.sh works is that this shouldn't be
> > needed. How did the installed (/usr/include) header get broken?
>
> Hm, I copied the freshly fetched /usr/src/include/signal.h manually to
> /usr/include after the frist try to compile after fetching src last saturday
> evening (around 9pm MEST) failed w/ same error on line 67.
> Looking at the CVS history, lukem "fixed" signal.h while jason reverted this "fix"
> as not beeing correct...
> So whats the correct fix? Or am I missing something??

Well, I'm still missing how the broken signal.h got into /usr/include in
the first place. :-)

build.sh with -D is NOT supposed to put anything in the real /usr/include.
So nothing should get there until you install the completed build. Since
it was a broken file, the build should have never completed, thus it
should have never been installed.

??

The reason we have destdirs is so that exactly what has happened to you
doesn't happen.

Take care,

Bill