Subject: Re: Direct mounts in amd possible?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20030717T172418@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/17/2003 17:25:18
tron@zhadum.de (Matthias Scheler) writes:
> IIRC there was once such a feature in amd(8). But when I checked recently
> I couldn't find any documentation on it. It apparently has been removed
> because it didn't work that well.

You mean amd's "autofs"?

    Am-utils version 6.1 has autofs support for Linux and Solaris 2.5+ as
    _the_ major new feature, in addition to several other minor new
    features. The autofs support is completely transparent to the end-user,
    aside from the fact that /bin/pwd now always returns the correct
    amd-ified path. The administrator can easily switch between NFS and
    autofs mounts by changing one parameter in amd.conf.

    (from: /usr/src/dist/am-utils/doc/am-utils.texi)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)