Subject: Re: GENERIC.MP Alignment problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Dudley <ddudley@stx.rr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/2003 11:08:45
On Tuesday 08 July 2003 10:45, you wrote:
> On Monday 07 July 2003 11:06, you wrote:
> > David Dudley writes:
> > > After building and installing it, I get a message "Memory address not
> > > aligned" when doing a netboot, and it then drops back into the openboot
> > > prom.
> >
> > Looks like the bug reported in port-sparc/18138 and port-sparc/19019.
> >
> > > Any ideas about a fix?
> >
> > pk says "Updating to current boot program should help", but I haven't
> > had a chance to try that yet.
>
> I installed the boot program for 1.6 when I setup the Netboot operation.
> Was there a newer one I should have used with the 'current version?
>
> David

OK, so sometimes.... usually.... even I get it wrong ;-)

I copied the boot.net file from the new 'built' system, and now it recognizes
that there are 2 processors installed.

Things go OK for a -little- while (very little).  It does a core dump on motd,
and cron as things are starting.  It won't do a top from the prompt, but at
least the shell runs.  I can cat and ls, even ps, but not too much else, it
looks like.  I'll update the CVS again and rebuild tonite to try again.

Oh well... Its looking promising anyway.

David