Subject: Re: new 802.11 driver: ADMtek ADM8211
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/2003 17:27:58
    Date:        Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:40:16 -0400
    From:        Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>

  | Thanks, David!

I will certainly second that (had been meaning to send a message
for some time).

David's no longer very recent wi driver fixes made it so that I could
run highly interactive stuff (like rsync, cvsup) over wireless, which
had a tendency to randomly fail before (as in: for any large operation
would always fail, at some random point, whereas it would always succeed
over wired connections - while failing, the wireless link itself was
still functioning seemingly perfectly however (ssh, scp, etc all working
at the same time without problems).

When I was seeing this the problems were just mysterious and unexplainable,
I now expect that some rapid packet exchanges would cause guaranteed
packet loss, and hence connection lockup, which would simply repeat
itself forever, till the applications gave up in frustration...

David's changes fixed that, so now I don't need to plug in so often.
If only he could now get the wireless link to run at 100Mbps for me...
(ok, that's the kind of miracle I am now led to expect!)

kre