Subject: Re: "pciide0:x:0: lost interrupt" errors
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Douglas Brebner <netbsd@fang.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/2003 11:19:07
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:44:40 +1000
Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 10:30:01AM +0100, Douglas Brebner wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:26:28 +1000
> > Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone seen anything like the following?
> > >
> > > 	pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
> > > 		type: ata tc_bcount: 1024 tc_skip: 0
> > > 	pciide0:0:0: bus-master DMA error: missing interrupt,
> > > 	status=0x20 pciide0:0:0: device timeout, c_bcount=1024, c_skip0
> > > 	wd0e: device timeout writing fsbn 62372358 of 62372358-62372359
> > > 	(wd0 bn 79149510; cn 78521 tn 5 sn 27), retrying wd0: soft error
> > > 	(corrected)
> >
> > I recently had this problem with a LiteOn CDRW. It turned out to be
> > the BIOS mucking up the motherboard IRQ routing.
> > Rearranging the PCI cards, playing with BIOS settings and booting
> > into Windows shuffled the IRQs around till eventually it started
> > working again.
>
> Hmmm.  The only card in this box is the video card (an AGP card).
> Everything else is on the motherboard.  Here's the interrupt
> assignments (forgot to mention that this is an SMP board):
>
> 	wm0        irq 11 (apic 4 int  6)
> 	uhci0      irq 11 (apic 2 int 16)
> 	uhci1      irq 10 (apic 2 int 19)
> 	uhci2      irq  5 (apic 2 int 18)
> 	ehci0      irq 11 (apic 2 int 23)
> 	pciide0:0  irq 14
> 	pciide0:1  irq 15
> 	auich0     irq 11 (apic  2 int 17)
> 	com0       irq  4
> 	com1       irq  3
> 	pckbc0     irq  1
> 	lpt0       irq  7
> 	fdc0       irq  6
>
> Given that the two ide channels are own their own interrupts, I'm not
> sure what fiddling I can do.  I know ~nothing about what I can play
> with in the bios - I'll have a look soon...

All my devices were on different interrupts too.
My problem with the CDRW started when I removed my Soundblaster
Live and enabled the onboard sound in the bios. (an auvia)

What was particularly awkward was that the problem stayed even after
replacing the card and setting the bios back to the original settings,
i.e. exactly the same config as I began with :/

This was on 1.6.1, but I've seen this happen occasionally for a long
time, usually after hardware changes and always with a CD drive involved
somewhere.

Sorry I can't be more help :(
--
Douglas