Subject: Re: MAKEOBJDIR not honored?
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/2003 10:07:15
Thus spake Luke Mewburn ("LM> ") sometime Yesterday...

LM> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 12:10:05PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
LM>   | The fact that it does not honour mk.conf for this, considering it DOES
LM>   | honour it for other things, just seems broken to me.  Am I the only one?
LM>
LM> It is documented in BUILDING(8) that you cannot set MAKEOBJDIR or
LM> MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in /etc/mk.conf (well, you can, but they won't be honoured).

Ah!!  Silly me, yes, it does say that.  Thank you for pointing that out.

LM> That is an issue with make(1), not with build.sh.

"it" only referred to "what is broken" as opposed to anything specific, I
think.

build.sh cannot, of course, choose whether or not to honour mk.conf
without jumping through some serious hoops, if a tall.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Resistance is NOT futile!