Subject: Re: X (Was: Re: daily (& security) mail not delivered)
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/2003 09:54:13
Thus spake Richard Rauch ("RR> ") sometime Yesterday...

RR> ...If sysinst is to start doing configuration, then I submit that
RR> there are other things it should do before worrying about the thorny
RR> problems of X: Setting a root password, creating one or more non-root
RR> accounts, making sure a network configuration is in-place, going
RR> through a checklist of standard servers, setting up /etc/hosts.* for
RR> TCP wrappers, ... Those, I think, could be more usefully and
RR> effectively handled by sysinst than attempting to get your X server
RR> set up.

I'll toss in another (char) (worth & 0x3);...

We should probably have something called sysconf which can be run at first
reboot, or ignored, leaving rc_configured at NO and popping you into
single-user mode, where you can tend to it yourself the old-fashioned way.

RR> My 2-and-a-bit cents' worth.  (^&

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: We're so committed to it being free, we won't sell it to you
          even if you ask!