Subject: 1.6.1 eats memory
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/2003 13:05:15
Hi!

My NetBSD/i386 1.6.1 server hangs sometimes and the only way to fix this
is to reboot the whole thing. The host is using IPsec with manual keys,
my other 1.6.1 hosts without IPsec are rock stable.

Just before reboot I noticed this (from netstat -m). When this happens I
can still ping the host but I can't use e.g. SSH to access it.

28803 mbufs in use:
         28793 mbufs allocated to data
         9 mbufs allocated to packet headers
         1 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
153/162 mapped pages in use
122232 Kbytes allocated to network (-2% in use)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
817 calls to protocol drain routines

All ideas are welcome! I have upgraded the host to the latest netbsd-1-6
code so hopefully I never see this again...

Martti