Subject: Re: daily (& security) mail not delivered
To: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20030628T082449@wsrcc.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/2003 20:19:24
>3) run sendmail in non-daemon mode out of cron every so often.  This
>   is what I had in /etc/daily.local before I moved to postfix*:
>
>    # cd to a safe directory in case something drops core.
>    cd /tmp
>
>    # Send all accumulated mail (mostly needed on the slave machines).
>    # This is only a fall-back if the mail failed to go out at the
>    # time it was sent.  (This can block on wlan portables, added
>    # ampersand. -wsr) send stuff from main queue (should be empty on
>    # all but capscium.wsrcc.com)
>    /usr/sbin/sendmail -q0 &
>
>    # send stuff from submit queue too.
>    /usr/sbin/sendmail -Ac -q0 &

you can run sendmail in non-daemon mode out of cron to flush the
client queue to the smtp listener's queue, but that's it.  sendmail
won't deliver directly out of the clientmqueue directory, so you'd
have to start an smtp listener process at the same time.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."