Subject: Re: ktrace records now get lwp id
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2003 14:42:11
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Darren Reed wrote:

> Ok, well, I tried to cross build a sparc kernel from read-only source...
>
> ./build.sh -M /home/obj/sparc -D /home/obj/sparc -R /home/obj/rel -T
> /home/obj/tooldir -m sparc kernel=GENERIC

> ===> Building kernel without building new tools

> ./build.sh: /home/obj/tooldir/bin/nbconfig: not found

You need to add "tools" to the command line, before "kernel=". It
would also be a good idea to add "-u". By popular demand, the tools
aren't rebuilt automatically for each kernel build. Assuming you're
working on the system sources, as opposed to the toolchain, it would
be a real drag to have to rebuild the whole toolchain every time you
wanted to build a kernel. Of course, now, if you're going to build
exactly one kernel for each arch, you are going to rebuild the
toolchain once for each kernel. There's no help for that. At least,
though, if you have to patch something, you won't have to rebuild
the whole toolchain, nor the whole kernel. That's what "-u" is for.
(It might also keep you from having to rebuild the MI parts of the
toolchain for each arch, but I'm not sure about that.)

Frederick