Subject: Re: Backup Problem of LEGATO
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2003 00:30:18
Manuel Bouyer schrieb:

 > Does this box have a lot of files which change often ?

or possibly the incremental backup doesn't work right and all full
backup is done
every day. If I remember right, every file that is backed up consumes
about 1KByte
in the index, so it needs a huge amount of files to be backuped every
day to create
an index ob 7 GB.

>Maybe try to see on the server what it stores in the index.
>
>>From what I remember of networker, it was generating huge index files

I have about 35 clients and keep backups for 2 months and the total
index size for all clients together
doesn't exceed 8 GB.  So I assume there's something wrong with a single
client making such a huge