Subject: Re: declaration of struct sigevent in
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2003 12:16:08
On Wednesday 25 June 2003 04:54, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 06:14  AM, Ian Zagorskih wrote:
> > I tried to use old good timer_create() calls in my application and
> > found one
> > thing which is very odd for me: there are no definition of structure
> > sigevent
> > !
>
> The timer_*() calls are not supported in 1.6.1.  They do work in
> -current, and thus will be supported in 2.0.

Well, this is good it's supported at all now. But when 2.0 is supposed to=
 be=20
released as -stable ? Reading NetBSD -current mailing list for the last=20
several weeks i'm afraid now to move at -current. Too different people's=20
experience using it.

Btw is there available any table which shows explicitly what POSIX=20
calls/sub-systems are supported under NetBSD and what aren't ? I.e. some =
kind=20
of POSIX compatability aduit. It would be logically to maintain such tabl=
e=20
course AFAIU NetBSD now is partly POSIX compatible and willing to be more=
 and=20
more in the future what is good IMO.

Thank you,

--=20
JSC Novosibirsk Geophysical Equipment Development Center.
WEB=09http://www.megasignal.com