Subject: declaration of struct sigevent in
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/24/2003 13:14:27
Hi all,

I tried to use old good timer_create() calls in my application and found =
one=20
thing which is very odd for me: there are no definition of structure sige=
vent=20
!

At 1.6.1 and today's -current i can see "struct sigevent;" declaration in=
=20
<time.h> and nothing in <signal.h>. So as a result:

1. "struct sigevent se;" in my code obviously gives error.
2. timer_create() call is seems to be unusable due to this.
3. broken POSIX requirement:

--- http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/signal.h.html =
---
The <signal.h> header shall define the sigevent structure, which has at l=
east=20
the following members:
int                    sigev_notify            Notification type.=20
int                    sigev_signo             Signal number.=20
union sigval           sigev_value             Signal value.=20
void(*)(union sigval)  sigev_notify_function   Notification function.=20
(pthread_attr_t *)     sigev_notify_attributes Notification attributes.=20
------

Question is: are timer_xxx() calls are supported under NetBSD ? If yes, h=
ow=20
should i use it ? If no - why [if anybody care to answer :)].

Thank you,

--=20
JSC Novosibirsk Geophysical Equipment Development Center.
WEB=09http://www.megasignal.com