Subject: Re: anybody USEs_TOPDOWN_VM?
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: dieter <dieter@opensource.rave.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2003 20:57:06
Andrew Brown to dieter and current-users@netbsd.org about Re: anybody...:

[..]
> i use it all the time on my i386 laptop.  i was pretty sure i'd gotten
> all the bugs out, but perhaps not.  how old is your laptop?  is it at
> all possible that you have bad memory in it?  can you remove and

A few days ago I was pretty sure my memory was fine. (I had run memtest86
for hours and world and kde builds etc. went fine). But I've seen weird
things happen on this machine the last few days so I am not so convinced
anymore. I'll install and run 1.6.1_STABLE for a week or two to check if
there is something wrong with the hardware.

Sorry for the noise...

> reseat any additional memory modules?

dieter

--

	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley