Subject: Re: USB keyboard (mis-)support issues...
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2003 12:45:36
Greywolf wrote:

>That said, I'm experiencing some problems using a USB keyboard as the
>(supposedly) primary (read: only) keyboard on a PS/2-capable box:
>
>- Under standard conditions, it still "finds" the keyboard
>  as
>	wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
>  and then
>        wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
>	wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0

Just looking at this you can see that the USB keyboard is not your console,
the PS/2 keyboard is your console.
This is a problem with the PS/2 keyboard driver that claims there's a PS/2
keyboard even when there is none.  This is a very old feature/bug in the
pckbd driver.  I think it should be fixed, but it's not related to the
USB code
at all.  On my USB-only machine I've removed the pckbd driver from the
kernel config file.

    -- Lennart