Subject: Re: What is a CRITICAL bug in send-pr
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/2003 16:00:31
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> > > With that definition 99% of our PR are "critical".
>
> Indeed. I file a lot of "critical" PR's for that reason. ;-)
>
> > > A NetBSD-current
> > > kernel not booting on a certain hardware is not a critical problem.

In case anyone was wondering, Matthias was the one who told me,
pointedly, that I was "abusing" the pr system.

Unfortunately, I only have one system running netbsd-current right now,
and so I didn't know if the kernel hang I reported was occuring on other
systems or not. I usually report to current-users first, and if things
get fixed within a couple of days I don't file a pr. It's about 50-50
whether I get anyone responding to my "it's broke" emails to
current-users, and I figure that's because I hit CVS in the middle of a
bunch of changes.

Sometimes, I'll post something to current-users, and then a few days
later I'll get a bunch of "me too" emails. That's what I get for
rebuilding current daily. (I know, I need another hobby.)

Anyway, I guess I'll just keep filing the pr's the same way, and if I'm
consistently wrong, I'll have my filing privileges revoked. It's not
like I file more than 4 per year. I could give you stats, but I can't
figure out the gnats web interface.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 = mocha latte