Subject: Re: What is a CRITICAL bug in send-pr
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/2003 21:55:05
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 09:48:30PM +0200, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > send-pr(1):
> >
> >     critical
> >            The product, component  or  concept  is  completely
> >            non-operational  or some essential functionality is
> >            missing (e.g. kernel panic or program core  dumps).
> >            No workaround is known.
>
> With that definition 99% of our PR are "critical". A NetBSD-current
> kernel not booting on a certain hardware is not a critical problem.

What I forgot:

       high   A solution is needed as soon as possible.

This is exactly inprecise wording I want to avoid. It only tempts
submitter to use priority "High" because they want that fix as
soon as possible.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/