Subject: Re: pppd couldn't delete default route
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2003 10:34:19
On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 09:08:24PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Jun 6,  6:17pm, tmiller@flex.com (Thomas Miller) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: pppd couldn't delete default route
>
> Reverting to 1.40 works, right? can you send me a ktrace output of the
> part that it tries to remove the route?

I've been hitting the same problem and done a bit of digging...

The ktrace output is entirely uniluminating (show a write of length 0x7c
failing - the data of failed writes isn't traced).  Interestingly 'route
delete default' only writes 0x60 bytes).

The delete traps out on the Bcmp() call near the top of rn_delete().
On my sytem this was comparing to 12 byte buffers, one contained the
IP address of the default route, the other 1192.168.0.0 (from the
ethernet interface).

I'm not sure what this code is doing - but it does seem to do everything
at least six times.

I suspect the failure has something to do with the lack of a call to
rn_addmask() prior to the rn_search() call?
Or maybe the Bcmp() test should be moved down below the if (netmask) {...}
code?

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk