Subject: Re: Rototil of sysinst partitioning code
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2003 01:09:47
On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 09:46:06PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> Hey, David, missing some toes?

Hopefully he put on the heavy armor before diving into such a
high-profile project.

> I think the sysinst code needs a deeper rototill than that.

I think there are few who would disagree on that.  ;-)

> I still don't think consolidating / and /usr or, more especially, / and
> /var is a particularly bright idea.

My inclination is to make sure that you can do whatever you want, but
to provide a naive install for a single disk that's basically just one
filesystem & maybe swap.  I'm somewhat careful how I arrange things
sometimes, but other (most?) times I just want a quick & easy install.

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/