Subject: Re: Using build.sh, a question
To: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/2003 20:26:49
On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 08:26:58AM +0100, Aidan Kehoe wrote:
  |  > (I program (POSIX) sh but I use tcsh interactively.)
  |
  | The tcsh on this machine doesn't support it. Try zsh.

I was only asking about the feature from a curiosity point of view,
and not because I had any requirement to change my interactive shell
at this point.

FWIW, the first time a z(sh)ealot tried to get all ``I'm cooler than
you because I use zsh which is a superior shell to yours because it
has feature XXX'' on me I hacked said feature into tcsh in about 10
minutes...  :-)

Speaking of which, it shouldn't be too hard to hack "cd src obj" in tcsh.

(Actually, I do miss separate stderr/stdout redirection and multi-line
editing in tcsh, but that's about it.).